Tuesday, December 7, 2010

What I learned

I honestly learned quite a bit through the semester with this course. I learned about different types of arguments and how each can be used successfully. The most interesting of the batch would probably be fallacies and refutation of arguments. But one of the most helpful aspects was the example of how groups can be successful. Usually in classes I would dread the thought of doing group projects. And despite the lack of face to face interactions because of nature of the class, we were able to get everything done accordingly. This was also helped by the small groups text books that we were required. With timely updates from each member, we were able to finish the assignments. The most important key to the success is communication between group members. Overall I thought that was the most useful concept that I learned in this class. For example a company cannot be run by one person, but an entire team of people.

3 comments:

  1. Hey this is a good post and I thought this was a good summary of how the semester went for this class. Ever since high school, I have also always dread the thought of having group projects for my classes because its nerve wracking if you do not have people in your group who care enough to do a good job on the project. However, in this class it was nice to meet people and do the group projects instead of communicating through the weekly posts. It was cool to see how well my group communicated together and was really comfortable with hanging out together and getting the job done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with your comment on group communication. Normally, when I have to do group projects, I dread them as well because I have had negative experiences working in groups in the past. But, after getting to know my group this time, I felt comfortable and at ease during the projects. I had no problem relying on them to do their parts. The initial meeting was the only thing I worried about because I was nervous about meeting new people. But, I feel that concepts from the small group communication book helped us learn how to effectively communicate. Not to mention, this book helped our group with the third facilitation project.

    ReplyDelete